Index

Vizualizări : 1622
Răspunsuri : 1
Pagini : 1

Autor
Subiect: Birth Records of my father
01-10-2012
by ER

Dear Harvey, My mother and my ancentors were born in Szalacs, so I do a family search recently. I do not know, wheather you will have success with the family search in this year. I think the best option, if you will search in the county archives (it will be reopen next year in summer in Oradea), reading the microfilms. However I did not found jewish register in Szalacs. Might be that your father was registered in another willage, where it was jewish registration? My mother just telling me, that there is a jewish cemetry next to the reformatic cemetry. I remember from my childhood, that there were nice tombestones (from marble). I will visit Szalacs (right now it is in Romania, and not Hungary anymore) next month, and I will check these tombestones, wether I find the name WEISS. Next year I will visit the National Archive Galerie (I will check reformatic microfilms), in case I find something about your father as teacher, I will send to you. In case any question or translation, you can connect me on erika_racz11@yahoo.com I wish you all the best, With kind regards, Erika Racz
05-04-2012
by Harvey Weiss

my fATHER WAS BORN IN sZALACS, oCTO BER 27TH OR 28, yEAR 1892. hIS NAME WAS jACOB wEISS, HIS FATHERS NAME WAS lOUIS wEISS, i THINK HE WAS A hEBREW tEACHER tRYING TO TRACE BACK i EXPECT TO TAKE A TRIP TO hUNGARY SOMETIME THIS YEAR WITH MY WIFE hOPE THAT YOU CAN HELP ME WITH INFORMATION
Please [login], or [Sign up]